Monday, August 20, 2007

Restaurant Week Extended (Boston, Dallas & NYC)!

If you live in Dallas, New York or Boston, you are probably sad that Restaurant Week is over. If you're a foodie like me, you are pretty darn excited that many of the restaurants have been extended until September 2nd or 3rd! What, you haven't heard of Restaurant Week? Say it ain't so! Well Restaurant Week is when the city's best restaurants offer prix-fixe dinner menus for about $35. So are you wondering which of your favorite restaurants are offering these great deals? Check out these links for New York, Dallas, and Boston.

I actually checked out a couple restaurants this past weekend in Dallas. I felt even better when I found out that the proceeds go to local charities. So anyway, on Friday night my friend Kelley and I went to Kirby's Steak House. Instead of a 3 course meal we actually had a 4 course meal since they added in a salad. We had lobster cargot for an appetizer (chunks of lobster prepared like escargot - drenched in butter!), a salad, filet oscar and cheesecake grenache. Everything was excellent. On Saturday my friends Amber and Ashanti joined me at McCormick & Schmicks. Not too exotic,I know. But again, I was pleased. We had a lobster and crab bisque for starters, Ashanti and I had a blackened redfish while Amber had a surf and turf with shrimp and filet. For dessert Ashanti and I had quatro leches bread pudding and Amber had their key lime pie. All I have to say is that quatro leches bread pudding was to die for! Just amazing.

Enjoy! And let me know what you think about the restaurants you visit! By the way, Philly's Restaurant Week is coming September 23-28 - check it out!

No comments: