Monday, February 11, 2008

FIG Finale Sale: What We Bought

My friends and I had a great girls shopping weekend in Dallas. Unfortunately the FIG Finale sale was a little disappointing. The selection was great, but I kept waiting for them to do the deep discounts that I experienced back in August. Needless to say, I only bought three items - a two-piece skirt suit and a pair of brown pumps. I love what I bought though! My friend Akosua scored the best deals of us all - she bought two pairs of Modern Vintage Mary Lou boots (one in black and one in brown) for $75 a piece. To give you an idea of how good of a deal this was, Zappos.com has these boots listed as originally $353.95. Don't they look like they were made for her?


I also bought some brown leather Mary Ann pumps also made by Modern Vintage. I had never heard of Modern Vintage but I am very impressed. The shoes are so comfortable and stylish at the same time. The leather quality is also exquisite. The shoes are listed on this site for $189.99. My price? $40! Gotta love it!






I couldn't find a picture of the skirt I bought online (the designer's website seemed to be having issues), but I did find the jacket. The designer is Chalet. They have the jacket here for $167.50 . I paid $80 for the entire suit! I guess it was worth going. I'll just be waiting for the next one in hopes that I can have another shopping experience like the first time I attended.

No comments: